I’m known as fan of chickpeas, and I’m fine with that. I enjoy chickpeas in all types of dishes and preparations. Because of that, I will share one of my favorite and most-requested foods: Hummus! A dip that goes with crackers, bread, pretzels or veggies and is easy to customize? Count me in!
This is super simple and is made up for basic ingredients I try to always have around. Like I said, it’s highly customizable based on your tastes. When I share this recipe I tell people to try it this was and adjust it to how they like (might need more salt, lemon, olive oil, etc. based on preference). And if you have olives or roasted red peppers or anything around, blend and mix those in if you desire.
- 1 can chickpeas (reserve 1 tablespoon the liquid)
- 2 rounded tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mash the chickpeas and 1 tablespoon chickpea liquid, either in a food processor or with a potato masher or fork. If you are using a food processor, throw in the garlic clove. Otherwise, mince the clove. Put the garlic and mashed chickpeas into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- To serve, drizzle a little more oil and cumin (if you want) on top. Eat with veggies, pita chips, pretzels, corn chips or whatever you want.
What is your favorite dip? I love dips, and plan to share a few more easy dips soon, so stay tuned!