Last week I got two foods I had never used in my cooking: endive and papaya. Right away I looked into how these two could be used together, and I found a salad that included green onions (also in in my share last week). This salad is great, as it also has avocado and a lime dressing. Simple,various flavors and trying new foods. Can’t be beat.
I still have lots of endive. Do you have any good recipes on how to use it?
Serves 4 as a side salad
- 4 cups chopped endive or mixed lettuce
- 2 cups papaya
- 1 large avocado
- 2-4 green shallots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbls grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp mild curry powder
- Wash and chop endive.
- Peel, seed and cut papaya into cubes.
- Cut avocado into half remove seed and skin. Chop avocado into cubes.
- Wash, trim and finely chopped shallots.
- Place ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently toss ingredients.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and shake. Add to salad and toss to coat.