Remember my on-again love for quinoa? As the daytime temps hover in the low-90s right now, that quinoa love is extended to salads. And nothing is better right now than quinoa tabbouleh on a nice bed of greens or in a wrap for a fresh, light and quick meal.
I love tabbouleh as it has some of my favorite foods, it’s easy to make and as the flavors sit and meld, it gets better with time. It can be a light main dish or a great side salad. And this can be served room temperature or cold, making it convenient.
What have you been eating when it’s just too hot to cook?
Makes 4-6 good servings
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil, to taste (start on the low end and add more if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Small bunch of green onions, sliced
- Half a bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the lemon, garlic and olive oil in a bowl for the dressing.
- Mix everything else but the salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit at least 30 minutes to let flavors mix.